Thursday, January 29, 2009

Color Conundrum, etc.

So, after all that work on choosing a color, and we went with the greenish gray, when they put the tiles in, it was clear it was not going to work. Blech. The green apparently had too much yellow in it, or something, but there was a weird glow that was happening that was not good. So much for my dream of a yellow kitchen. So we got a professional in, a decorator that Maurice and Jeff are working with and she proposed a couple of colors, each of which were way more blue than anything I had considered. Blue. Is. Not. Me. However, one of the "bluish" ones was more green than blue, so I decided to go for it, especially given how unsuccessful I had been choosing the color -- clearly, my instincts are completely wrong, everything I was attracted to was yellow.

I tried to convince Jeff that we should just do an accent wall, leave the walls with the cabinets and tiles white -- the contrasty thing was getting to me. He was opposed, and everyone was opposed, including the decorator. They painted the whole kitchen and promised that if I didn't like it they would do it white. So here it is, I like it, not sure I love it yet. It looks really blue in these pictures, it doesn't really look that blue in person, more gray green. You can also see the tin tiles and how they look over the stove. So nice. So we are close enough to being done to move in this weekend - a few small things need to be finished, mostly lights. They are going to move to the outside to work on the decks and then we'll be done!



No comments: